Thy Kingdom Come is a global prayer movement, which invites Christians around the world to pray between Ascension and Pentecost (May 25th – June 4th 2017) for more people to come to know Jesus Christ. What started out as an invitation from the Archbishops’ of Canterbury and York in 2016 to the Church of England has grown into an international and ecumenical call to prayer.
The hope for Thy Kingdom Come is that:
- people will commit to pray with God’s world-wide family – as a church, individually or as a family;
- churches will hold prayer events, such as 24-7 prayer, prayer stations and prayer walks, across the UK and in other parts of the world;
- people will be empowered through prayer by the Holy Spirit, finding new confidence to be witnesses for Jesus Christ.
Last year we set up prayer stations around the church, based on the Lord’s Prayer. The church was open for a week, with visitors coming in to pray and to ask for prayer. This year, we are going out into the community:
- by placing Prayer Boxes in local shops and pubs for people to post their prayer requests
- with a Pop-up Prayer Station (PUPS) setting up at a different site each day
- by prayer walking
- a coffee morning at St Michael’s on Saturday, May 27th
- a prayer party on Thursday June 1st (full details to follow)
So … keep an eye open for PUPS, and in the meanwhile, get involved by signing up to support PUPS, go prayer walking, to help with hospitality or simply to pray. We will meet at one of the churches each day at 9am, to pray together before going out, and at 3pm, to debrief and share prayer requests we’ve received. Click on the logo below for all posts concerning Thy Kingdom Come!