Guinea has recently hit the news because of the Ebola outbreak. Pray for all those fighting the disease this Christmas, and for the many who are sick, or have been bereaved. Pray also for effective governmen; the country has great mineral reserves but is one of the poorest in the world. The church is small and weak in a mainly Muslim land, and there are still many people groups who have never heard the gospel.
* Pray for political stability. There are several civil wars and much unrest in the neighbouring countries of Liberia, Sierra Leone, Guinea-Bissau and Senegal. There are possibly 600,000 refugees presently in Guinea.
* Pray for a significant penetration of the Gospel among the principal people groups of the Fulas, Maninkas and the Susus.
* Pray for increased vision and unity among the Christians.
• Pray for pioneer missionaries who will serve among difficult-to-reach Muslim peoples.
• Pray for new Christians to persevere in their faith and not turn away from their identity in Christ.
• Pray for the unreached Guineans living in remote areas to hear a clear presentation of the Gospel.