Our community coffee morning at St Michael’s in February is in aid of Headway, the charity for those with acquired brain injury. Their role is to promote understanding of all aspects of brain injury and to provide information, support and services to people with a brain injury, their families and carers. They do this by
- working to increase awareness of brain injury and its consequences
- initiating activities and campaigns which will reduce the incidence of brain injury provide information and support for people with brain injuries, their relatives and carers and concerned professional people
- by promoting improved approaches to brain injury screening, acute care, assessment, rehabilitation and social re-integration
- by assisting people with brain injuries to return to community living, including access to appropriate accommodation, social outlets, and productive activity
- and by supporting and establishing Headway groups throughout the UK in furtherance of the charity’s mission statement
Our local branch of Headway is based nearby in Devonport Park, and we hope to raise funds to help them in their work in our community. So come along and support us … and in the process, enjoy good company and cakes with your coffee!